« Home | Overheard in an Apartment in Mexico » | Small Town Weather » | Red Cross Revisited » | Bug-Monster Update » | Things to Do When Living in Mexico » | Semana Santa » | My Spanish Instructors » | Complements or Thinly Veiled Threats? » | The Problem with Free Stuff » | Cruz Roja Mexicana (Mexican Red Cross) » 

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 

The Commute

I finished my Spanish classes a few weeks ago but never got the chance the share my walk to school with you. What a great way to start the day.

~1~
After leaving my apartment, the first step is a left turn onto the most beautiful street in Morelia, the Callejón del Romance. Throughout the evening this little one-block long street overflows with passionate, teenage lovers, each pair totally absorbed in the moment and oblivious to the rest.

~2~
Then past, Las Tarascas, a fountain named after the native people of this state that was stolen by a former governor and shipped to his house in Europe. The one you see today is a replacement.

~3~
Next, through a park that is lined with state commissioned shoe-shiners.

~4~
I always had to wait at this stop light to cross the busiest street in Morelia, La Avenida Madero, where you can find the Cathedral and all the most popular cafes in town.

~5~
Just past the main street, I cross through my favorite park in Morelia. The first time I saw this park, back during my vacation in September, I knew where I wanted to live.

Today I live five blocks from this spot.

~6~
Then two blocks down this typically residential street...

~7~
...past a beautiful little church with a relaxing garden.

~8~
I have often stopped to yawn in front of this rooster.

~9~
And then finally, the school.

ahhhh, bicho!! Que nostalgia me da todo esto. Gracias por tu blogg...

Pensábamos en ti mientras que lo escribí.

beautiful place, beautiful photos. love the posting!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.