« Home | Favorite New Snack » | El Gallo » | Please leave a message after the... » | Morelia » | Salsa! » | Hola Mis Amigos » | The Good Life » | A Kiss on the Beach » | On The Boat to La Isla Ixtapa » | More Ixtapa Wildlife » 

Saturday, March 04, 2006 

School Days

I spend my mornings at the Instituto Baden-Powell learning Spanish.
My classes are one-on-one for three hours every day from 9-12. The first hour is grammar, the second hour is practice and the third hour is for everything else including the use of prepositions, indirect object pronouns, and the like.

The quality of the instruction here is excellent. The teachers are better than any I had in college or in San Francisco. Pretty incredible considering I found the school on Google.


The view of the Morelia skyline from one of the school's many terraces.


The Panaderia (Bakery) around the corner where we buy tasty bread and doughnut snacks.


A few of my American friends and me enjoying our tasty bread and doughnut snacks on one of the terraces. These guys are priests from Sacramento learning to speak and give Mass in Spanish.


Everyday I have my Practica class outside on this terrace. Only a tiny bit different from the learning environment in Rhode Island.

My grammar classroom. Perfect for 1 student and a teacher.


This comment has been removed by the author.

I went to Baden Powell, summer of 1997. The best time of my life up until this point, and I'm now 39. I met a girl there who was taking English at the same time I was taking Spanish. As I was walking down the stairs to leave the building, she was just coming in. That is when I saw her for the 1st time, and was completely taken back. 17 years old, and the 1st time I felt love for someone. To this day we remain close friends. Seeing all those photos from the school really take me back.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.