« Home | Salsa! » | Hola Mis Amigos » | The Good Life » | A Kiss on the Beach » | On The Boat to La Isla Ixtapa » | More Ixtapa Wildlife » | My, What Big Teeth You Have » | Off to the beach » | Holy crap there's a lot of sun here » | The view from our Room in Ixtapa » 

Saturday, February 25, 2006 

Morelia

Morelia is the incredibly beautiful capital of the state of Michoacan. Founded by the Spanish about 500 years ago, Morelia retains much of the charm and striking buildings often found in the quaint old towns of Europe.

The cathedral is the center of the city. My school and apartment are both less than a 10 minute walk away.

The cathedral and all the historic buildings are built from a pink stone called "Cantera Rosa" which literally means Pink Quarry...or something like that. The cool thing is that as the sun sets, these buildings appear to glow. I will try and take a picture of this for you to see. Anyway, if you are there at the right time it looks amazing.

One of the parks that on the side of the cathedral.
A typical Morelia street in the morning. You can just see the edge of the park from the previous picture on the right side of this photo.
That is a taste for now. I will post more pictures soon but today is Saturday and there are laws here about doing too much of anything on the weekend.

-n

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.