« Home | Things to Do When Living in Mexico » | Semana Santa » | My Spanish Instructors » | Complements or Thinly Veiled Threats? » | The Problem with Free Stuff » | Cruz Roja Mexicana (Mexican Red Cross) » | Last Day of School » | Mexican Wedding » | The Rim Chop » | Jazztival » 

Thursday, May 04, 2006 

Bug-Monster Update

They weren't kidding about the heat bringing out the critters.

  • Smaller, still scary, scorpion in my closet. Not cool. The big one in the kitchen was very scary. A small one very close to my bed...uh, you know, more scary.
  • Cockroaches. Averaging about one per night on the first floor. When startled, those suckers really get up and move. I prefer the smash with the side of the broom over the foot stomp. Still gives me the willies every time I see one. Always flip onto their backs during the final throes of death. Not sure why.
  • Ants on my pillow. Gross.
  • Spiders in all parts. Are they preying on or food for the scorpions?
  • Unidentified, scratching sound coming from light fixture above my bed. Still working up the nerve to investigate that one.
  • All kinds of random winged creatures and crickets. Yeah whatever, see previous bullets.

Are you to the point where you're ready to say, "fuck the environment" and spray lots of bug-killer everywhere? I think I went through about a can of Raid every few weeks while living in Australia, due to the fact that I just couldn't deal with killing the cockroaches any other way.

I've actually found two cockroaches dead without even having to do anything. I assume the residual cloud of toxic fumes took them out. Can't be healthy. To cut back on Raid usage I've switched to smacks with the plastic part of a broom and/or the good old fashion stomp.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.