« Home | At the Zoo-hoo » | Mexican Ants: Irresponsible Drifters, Super Villains » | Weekend Getaway » | How Cute is My Niece? » | Cuanajo, Tzin-tzun-tzan, y Quiroga: Part 2 » | Cuanajo, Tzin-tzun-tzan, y Quiroga: Part 1 » | The Good Life: Revisited » | First Fiestacita » | Mercado San Juan » | I Must Be Crazy » 

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 

Jazztival

Morelia has an International Jazz Festival. Who knew?

The festival is called "Jazztival" so I was expecting the worst - lots of Soprano Sax and Flute and a slew of horrible names. I can excuse a lot of cheesiness but Jazz has a lot to answer for. What kind of disturbed childhood causes you to create the "word" Saxual?

Yes, I've seen Dan Moretti live...
...in Rhode Island...(is that an excuse?)...
and no, I don't want to talk about it.

However, in this case, I was very pleasantly surprised. For only $6 we were treated to three hours of quality jazz in the outdoor courtyard of the 400 year old cultural center. In fact, the local hero, Juan Alzate, plays a pretty mean Tenor. On Saturday night we even saw the fireworks from the cathedral overhead during the concert. Cool.

And no cheesy names or flutes.

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.