« Home | How Cute is My Niece? » | Cuanajo, Tzin-tzun-tzan, y Quiroga: Part 2 » | Cuanajo, Tzin-tzun-tzan, y Quiroga: Part 1 » | The Good Life: Revisited » | First Fiestacita » | Mercado San Juan » | I Must Be Crazy » | Mexican Politics in Action » | Now Showing in your Email Inbox » | La Vista » 

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 

Weekend Getaway

Another great trip with Javier, Amandine and Marisol. This time to Javier's cabin at Quercus.

Javier's family owns a plot of land close to the town and lake of Patzcuaro. They divided the land into smaller plots for sale to individuals. By sharing the cost of utilities and plumbing amongst everyone in the community, called Quercus, they can offer people a place to build a country home at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent property elsewhere. Brilliant and beautiful. I wish I had taken more pictures of the actual countryside because it's incredibly lush and relaxing.


Some crazy drink at Javier's
Family's restaurant on the way to Quercus

Javier and Amandine in the cabin at Quercus

On the way home we stopped off at the most tranquil spot
I've been to in Mexico, the lake Zirahuen. It was at a restaurant on
the other side of the lake where I first contemplated living in Mexico.

I wonder if you'll find a spot where you'll decide to move back to the bay area. What kind of things would that spot include?

That's a good question. At some point that spot will have to include a job!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.