« Home | Complements or Thinly Veiled Threats? » | The Problem with Free Stuff » | Cruz Roja Mexicana (Mexican Red Cross) » | Last Day of School » | Mexican Wedding » | The Rim Chop » | Jazztival » | At the Zoo-hoo » | Mexican Ants: Irresponsible Drifters, Super Villains » | Weekend Getaway » 

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 

My Spanish Instructors

Ok, I'm back. Parental visit was great. I'll post some pictures from their visit as soon as my Mom sends them to me. She has a nice camera and takes much better photos than I do.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of my favorite Spanish instructors. For all of you out there who have ever taken Spanish with a teacher from Spain, don't believe the hype, those Spaniards talk crazy. Mexican instructors, on the other hand, are mellow and clear. I found the Mexican accent significantly easier to understand while you are learning.

On the left, my instructor Carlos, who is like a general of Spanish grammar and not to be trifled with. He taught me the way it should be. On the right, Jose Luis, the head of the program. Nice guy. Loves high-fives.

And this is me with Luz, my cool teacher. After learning all the proper stuff from Carlos, she would sit me down and say "Ok listen, this is how people really talk."

The rules and the cool - that's all you need.

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.