« Home | The Problem with Free Stuff » | Cruz Roja Mexicana (Mexican Red Cross) » | Last Day of School » | Mexican Wedding » | The Rim Chop » | Jazztival » | At the Zoo-hoo » | Mexican Ants: Irresponsible Drifters, Super Villains » | Weekend Getaway » | How Cute is My Niece? » 

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 

Complements or Thinly Veiled Threats?

I don't want to call them threats, but I have received several strongly worded messages about the decreased frequency of new posts.

Short Answer - "Damn, cut me some slack! I think I'm doing a pretty good job of sharing my life with you but I've got to get out and live it if I am to have anything new to write about."

Long Answer-
There are several factors that affect my ability to post daily:
  1. Access to a Computer - It's a very long story why, but I still don't have a computer here. Previously, I wrote at the computer lab everyday after school but since I finished my schooling I'm limited to Internet cafes and Marisol's house.
  2. Time to Write - It takes longer than you might think, at least for me, and I've got things to do...like find a job and, you know, drink coffee.
  3. Suitable Material - You would never know given some of the drivel on here but there is a very demanding editorial review board employed in the production of my blog*. And when I first got here everything was exciting and different but I've sunk into a rhythm of sorts and no longer have all this newness to write about. Don't get me wrong, I still have tons to share but it's more a steady stream of life rather than a torrent of foreignness.
  4. Visitors - My parents arrive on Wednesday so I will be out and about this week rather than holed away in an Internet cafe desperately trying to maintain my dear friends whom I so carelessly abandoned.
* Sidenote: I still hate the word "blog." It sounds like a mushy form of justice dished out by the old Batman and Robin. "Splat! Blog!! Blam!"

Just keep the posts coming, no excuses! :)

i think you're doing a great job of posting frequently, and they're always about interesting stuff. no complaints, or threats, here.

It always makes me think of some huge gelatinous creature: "The Attack of the Blog from Mars!" Too much like blob.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.