« Home | My Spanish Instructors » | Complements or Thinly Veiled Threats? » | The Problem with Free Stuff » | Cruz Roja Mexicana (Mexican Red Cross) » | Last Day of School » | Mexican Wedding » | The Rim Chop » | Jazztival » | At the Zoo-hoo » | Mexican Ants: Irresponsible Drifters, Super Villains » 

Thursday, April 27, 2006 

Semana Santa

Thousands of tourists come to Morelia every year for Semana Santa, the week leading up to Easter. This is the big summer vacation and the city was packed. It was funny not be the most lost person in the city. They really make a week out of this holiday with parades, silent candlelight processions, and four hour masses throughout the week.

I woke up one morning to find a religious parade reenacting the passion, complete with drums and horns, passing by my window. I snapped a few photos. Definitely something I never witnessed in San Francisco.




Hi Nate, my name is Beatriz, I live in Morelia...mostly because I'm mexican but I enjoy this city and so did my parents who forced me 13 years ago to move here from Mexico city.
I find quite interesting your blog, maybe is just funny to watch things from your point of view, a foreign point of view is always something I enjoy listening.. or reading in this case, specially because you talk about things that are so familiar to me.
I could offer you a nice tour in the small towns around Morelia, getting profit from the fact that I like to speak english and you want to learn spanish; but with your blog I realize that you really don't need my help, you're doing the learning experience find on your own. Well, it would be nice to know more about you or what you think of this place, but in this moment I can only invite you to visit my blog, and you decide the rest

uuuu, tiger!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.