« Home | Better than the Heimlich » | Living Between the Lines » | Adventures with Bills » | Let it Roll » | Hello There Bloggy Town » | Painful » | The Parental Unit: Part 3 » | The Parental Unit: Part 2 » | The Parental Unit: Part 1 » | All the Media Attention is Exhausting » 

Monday, July 10, 2006 

Guadalajara: Part 1

We took a trip to Guadalajara to see the sights and check out the town. Guadalajara is the second largest city in Mexico with 4 million people and is a three hour bus ride from Morelia. What struck me most is that despite it's size, Guadalajara has a very tranquil atmosphere.

I took this picture of an Agave field from the bus. Tequila is made from Agave which is a big, blue plant that grows all over Mexico. Only liquor made with the Agave from the state of Jalisco can be called Tequila. Everything else is, well, something else. Guadalajara is the capital of Jalisco.

Standing in front of a typical Guadalajara pedestrian street in the Centro. The climate in Guadalajara is just a little bit hotter than Morelia but still mostly mild compared to what you are probably thinking.

Normally filled with speeding cars, this busy downtown street is closed for business and open for pleasure on Sundays. An amazing idea that produces a wholly agreeable weekend atmosphere right in the heart of the city.

Marisol pretending she doesn't know I'm taking a picture.

Weigh yourself on this machine that must be 100 years old...only 1 peso!

Marisol enjoying her results.

Little Marisol in front of the big cathedral.

(Jump to the rest of the pictures here.)

NIce trip, i miss GDL

Very nice photos! Guadalajara is a great city.

looks like you had a fun trip!

marisol looks so cute, i just wanna put her in my little pocket!

I know, I know. And oh I've tried.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.