« Home | Painful » | The Parental Unit: Part 3 » | The Parental Unit: Part 2 » | The Parental Unit: Part 1 » | All the Media Attention is Exhausting » | The Great Post-it Note Debate » | The Commute » | Overheard in an Apartment in Mexico » | Small Town Weather » | Red Cross Revisited » 

Friday, June 16, 2006 

Hello There Bloggy Town

Blogs are crazy. Yes, I know, a bold statement. Just calm down for a second and I'll explain myself.

I live here in Morelia. You all know this. You are my friends and I emailed you this page when I left. And yet not everyone who reads this got that email. How these things happen is beyond me. Google, schmoogle I say. Nobody is out there searching for me or "Probaditas de Morelia". And yet somehow I've met several people as a result of this page. The best example being our new friends Emily and Sergio.

Emily is from Michigan and Sergio is from Morelia. They met there and now live here. Emily has a blog just like me. Or I have a blog just like Emily (her's came first so I'm the unknowing Morelia blogger copycat). Somehow she stumbled onto my blog, emailed me, and we all had drinks and then tacos together. And the weirdest thing is that when you meet people this way you already feel like friends because you've read each other's stories.

I had no idea that I would enjoy writing this blog and I certainly had no idea that it would lead to new friends, but I do, and it did, and that is crazy.

Nate, I've been blogging for just over a year now and have met some amazing people because of it. One of the coolest things I've ever done for myself, and that's saying a lot, since I'm such a cool cat. ;)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.