« Home | The Commute » | Overheard in an Apartment in Mexico » | Small Town Weather » | Red Cross Revisited » | Bug-Monster Update » | Things to Do When Living in Mexico » | Semana Santa » | My Spanish Instructors » | Complements or Thinly Veiled Threats? » | The Problem with Free Stuff » 

Sunday, May 21, 2006 

The Great Post-it Note Debate

I stumbled across this car covered in Post-it Notes the other day and couldn't help but stop and laugh. I only had my cell phone camera to record the moment so the photo is a little fuzzy.

Each Post-it professed a different message of eternal love for the owner of this little, silver Chevy hatchback. "I love you", "I can't live without you", "I'm sorry", "I'm sorry that I'm this way", and "I need you" are just a few examples.

When I saw this colorful car, I instantly assumed this was the work of a desperate male who had screwed up in some major way and was now deeply afraid he had done irreparable damage to his relationship. It has all the trappings of classic, stupid male thinking. A last ditch act of desperation to show the strength of his love. To show he will go to any length to win back his girlfriend, yes, even so far as to cover her car in Post-it Notes. I've always felt girls were more clever about these things while guys assume that a show of "strength" or willingness to go to any length is what is necessary to save the relationship.

Marisol, on the other hand, upon hearing this story, immediately asked about the handwriting. I had to admit that it did look rather feminine. She feels this type of thing is clearly in the domain of the desperate, psycho-girl. The girl in question has decided the owner of this car is "the one" but he's moved on. She's not ready to accept this and feels a highly-public display with pretty pinks, yellows, and greens will win back the heart of her lost lover with the added bonus of scaring off any new hussy who might be with him when he returns to his car.

I fought it at first but she argues a compelling case. I hear the arguments on both sides. I guess we will never know which sex committed the crime but it still makes me laugh to see it.

Dude, Marisol is totally correct. You even prove her correct with your statement, "I've always felt girls were more clever about these things..." Well yes, my friend, they are. :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.