« Home | Hello There Bloggy Town » | Painful » | The Parental Unit: Part 3 » | The Parental Unit: Part 2 » | The Parental Unit: Part 1 » | All the Media Attention is Exhausting » | The Great Post-it Note Debate » | The Commute » | Overheard in an Apartment in Mexico » | Small Town Weather » 

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 

Let it Roll

Just as we passed the top of the tiny hill the taxi driver turned off the engine. We coasted for a minute or so and slowly rolled to a stop at the next traffic light. That's odd, I thought.

He did it again as we were turning the corner close to my final destination. No hill this time. He just decided we had enough velocity to roll for a while. Turns out it we didn't. The engine belched a note of disapproval as he performed an ungraceful, rolling restart.

I'm still not sure if he was trying to save gas or just spice up his day but I it amused me nonetheless.

genius! i'll be employing this same fuel conservation theory while scooting to work this morning. wish me luck.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.