« Home | Guadalajara: Part 1 » | Better than the Heimlich » | Living Between the Lines » | Adventures with Bills » | Let it Roll » | Hello There Bloggy Town » | Painful » | The Parental Unit: Part 3 » | The Parental Unit: Part 2 » | The Parental Unit: Part 1 » 

Thursday, July 13, 2006 

The Approaching Storm

Walking home in the early evening after a cup of coffee in the Centro I saw the sky light up in a flash, just past the mountains to the east of town. Despite the almost constant bursts of brilliant luminescence, the evening remained tranquil and clear as the storm had not yet decided when it would stop by, though with each step the wind rushing across my ears assured me it wouldn’t be long.

After 28 years I still can't get over thunder and lightening. With each new storm I'm struck by a halting sense of awe. On this young night I took a seat and watched as Nature pondered her course of action. In the end her verdict called for nothing more than a tantalizing peek and a lazy retreat, the grumbling clouds slip-sliding away to enchant some other corner of the sky.

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.