« Home | Combis » | Birthday Kicks » | Something Special » | Birthday Fun » | One Year » | Carne Asada Nirvana » | For the First Time Ever... » | Vamoosh » | A Siegel Wedding » | New York, NY » 

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 

End of the Line

I don’t want to write this. I’ve put it off for almost two weeks as I’ve been struggled to find my words. But how do you sum up 15 amazing months? I don’t think you do. You admit they were the best 15 of your life and that you’ve never been happier and you move on.

So let’s hit some of the basics -
I’m home, in California.
Marisol is coming in July to hone her culinary skills in San Francisco with some more schooling. I’m currently looking for a job. We are living with my parents until I find a job at which time we plan to move to San Francisco.

I imagined I would want to share my final thoughts after almost a year and a half in the mountains of Mexico but now that I’ve come to it, it just doesn’t feel right. So I’m going to save that for more personal conversations that I hope to have with each of you when we have the chance.

I will say that it’s good to be home but I miss Marisol more than I thought possible.

I’ve also decided this will be the last Probadita. It was incredibly fun writing this blog but now is the right time to wrap it up. Thanks to all of you who have read my stories and shared your comments.

Before I go, here are the last photos I have from Mexico. The weekend before I came home, we took a trip to Ixtapa on the west coast of Mexico. As some of you may recall, Marisol took me to Ixtapa for my first weekend in Mexico, making this a fitting end.

Mexican sand and surf

The best of friends

The good life revisited one last time

What it's all about
See you soon!

Would it be rude for other readers if I write this in Spanish?, hope not because my words sounds better in my own language.

Este final no es más que un comienzo que seguro será chingón!. Lo mejor de la vida es tener con quien compartir los momentos en los que reimos o lloramos... y por lo menos aquí, en español or in english, you can count on Checo and I, to put some lemon and chile in your life!... and maybe some guacamole ;).

Nate, es el inicio de una maravillosa vida con tu mexicanita !! Créeme que esta experiencia la vas a tener siempre en tu corazón y es lo que cuenta. Creciste, experimentaste, eres otro, pudiste encontrar un lado de ti que estaba escondido. ahora si me voy a poner a llorar...

Me emocionaste con tu mensaje

Nate, though we never got to hang out much at Avolent, I've enjoyed reading about your experiences in Mexico (and in life). Though I'm no longer an SF resident, I come down there on a regular basis for work. We should try to grab a beer some time; I'd love to hear some more stories in person. And, you know, drink some beer.

Excited to see you when I'm out to visit!

Nate,

I happened to bump into your blog via Sandra's, and I have enjoyed reading since then.

As a mexican who is really eager and looking forward to hopefully move to SF in the near future, I am really happy for both of you to begin this second part of your journey together.

SF is a great city, and I would always get excited about reading your adventures in Morelia, since they reminded me of when I used to go to Guadalajara during summer vacation with my grandmother every year.

I wish both of you the best in this next stage of your life together!

www.isurecan.blogspot.com

Say it ain't so, Nate. I will miss reading about your time in Mexico. Drop us a line from SF once in a while, wouldya?

me encantaria escribir algo pero...
xDDD
no se qe dice en el blog, entendi solo... un... poquito por ciento xDD

i cant say that i know all, but i'm seeing my sister Amandine :D

take care Nate :)

Me gusto mucho tú Blog, soy de Morelia, Michoacán... en un futuro me gustaria robarme algunas notas tuyas, yo hice un post acerca de Morelia cuando fué su aniversario http://hhh.lawaloca.com/node/11351
en general, muy buen blog ;) ojala puedas entrar a mi blog: www.aswed83.blogspot.com

Judging by the pictures, your trip in Mexico was amazing. I hope I'll have a similar experience when I'll visit Puerto Vallarta this summer.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.