« Home | Carne Asada Nirvana » | For the First Time Ever... » | Vamoosh » | A Siegel Wedding » | New York, NY » | Mexico Through the Eyes of Kyle S. Smith » | My Mexican Thanksgiving » | Kyle & John - Global Wanderers: Part 2 » | Kyle & John - Global Wanderers: Part 1 » | Job Update » 

Sunday, February 04, 2007 

One Year

On February 2, 2006 I boarded a plane with all the essential worldly possessions I could carry, and moved to Mexico. Last Friday marked my one year anniversary.

I remember thinking that for the first time in my life I had absolutely no idea what lay in store for me. There were no older friends or siblings to give me some idea of what to expect. Moving to the middle of Mexico was uncharted territory and by most accounts, downright crazy. I was excited and terrified at the same time.

Looking back over the last year I quickly come to one unavoidable conclusion: this is the best thing I've ever done.

From a 10-year veteran who still celebrates the anniversary of arrival, felicidades.

that's a sweet sentiment. come to think of it, i'm celebrating 1 month in london today. yay!

Hey Nate, I'm from Morelia, but my family moved to Chicago Illinois when I was 12. Now I just turned 28 last week and let me tell ya, even thought I have lived more than half of my life in the US I miss mi querida Morelia every day! I love to read your blog and I think I've become addicted to it. I'm living vicariously throught your posts. I'm now happily married to a "gringo" and even though the roles are reversed I can realate to you and Marisol a whole lot. I think you guys make a terrific couple and I know that I don't need to say this, but you guys are very fortunate to have found each other. Buena suerte en todo lo que hagas, disfruta de mi pais, de mi ciudad y de mi gente.

Nate, thank you for sharing your life and experiences with everyone.

Happy anniversary! I will agree with you -- Morelia is a great city! It's a joy to read your blog!

Nate,
Congratulations on your one year anniversary, you are a great asset. My office and I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Hey Nate,

My fiance and I moved to Merida almost exactly 6 months ago from NYC/CT. We too are indebted to the Omnipotent Internet for our livlihood (and Vonage and Sirius, etc, etc.) And, so far we adore living in Mexico. Congratulations on what appears to be a lovely life in Morelia.

Nate, you're my hero!

I just stumbled across your blog while googling something in Morelia. I am moving about an hour away from Morelia in December with my boyfriend and I'm really happy i came across your blog.

I do hope you'll update at some point. Best of luck with everything.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nate
  • From Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
  • I used to live in California. Then I met the girl you see here in this photo. The next thing I knew I was in Mexico swinging a frying pan at a scorpion and chasing after phantom trucks. You will find pictures and stories about my life in the pages that follow.
My profile

Subscribe To This Site

Enter your email to subscribe


Powered by FeedBlitz



Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to My AOL




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.